Friday, September 30, 2016

Antmacassar to skirt refashion


I have a number of old household linens inherited from my great aunt - no one else in the family wanted them.

Quite a few are hand embroidered but this one wasn't.

I wouldn't normally go about cutting up seriously old items but this antimacassar has been in storage since 1993 and I don't remember my aunt ever having it in use prior to that.  I honestly don't think she would have objected to its repurposing, probably would have been interested.  In her lifetime she never logged on to the internet but she did live through 2 world wars and therefore did see plenty of real life.

Anyway, onto the refashion, which via a convoluted route ended up with me pairing this antimacassar with some panels cut from a couple of cord trouser legs to make a skirt.


As always I have more information here

I am always concerned about comfort so added an experimental yoga type waistband.











2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I love the new skirt. Nice job. The colors go well with the cord trouser legs.

Jennifer, EOD

I Can Work With That said...

Very pretty mix of fabrics. Very nice.
Chickie