Thursday, May 26, 2016

Halterneck be gone

A dress that complements my hourglassfigure, and in a lovely fabric. Home you go with me, dress.
It is not a good before picture, but the piece at the breasts of the dress covered too little of my breasts. So you have to make do with this picture.
It was a halterneck dress, and it was about one size too large in the chest and waist areas.

I repositioned the straps, so they became ordinary straps. No halternecks for me, thank you.
I took the dress in a little at the chest and waist.
Lastly I removed the padding in the breast pieces (similar to what some bikinis have). And I made darts at each side to make the breast piece fit me better and cover my breasts up more.
A lacy camisole underneath makes the dress usable off the beach too

Summer party, here I come!

5 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

I truly love it... I would wear that dress in a heart beat! Great job - it looks fabulous on you!

I Can Work With That said...

Very nice!

jennifer elliott said...

Great save! I love the floral pattern -- perfect summer dress.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Catherine1216 said...

This is so cute.

TheRefashStash said...

Love the fit of the dress!!

-TheRefashStash