Saturday, August 01, 2015

Getting into Gingham...

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all loving the Refashion Runway as much as I am!! This week's challenge is gingham (which you probably already know). It's not a print I've worked with before, so it was good to have the excuse :)

At the same time as buying the pink XXL men's shirt, I also bought a white lacy ladies top... here's the shirt;

Here's part of the process, shaping the shirt into a dress... with a bit of Rod's help, obviously!

I played about with trims, and finishes, before realising I was running out of time!!

Here's one of the 'After' shots taken in a lovely park near my house...


...and the Before and After!


Have a look at the whole process on my blog, and voting is happening all this week - check out ALL the ladies' fabulous entries on the Renegade Seamstress blog!

Happy Refashioning!
Gema x

8 comments:

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!!

Gema said...

Thank-you Kathy, that's so sweet of you to say! I wish I could've been with you to take shots of your creation last week!! Maybe I could get over to the US to take your pics from now on ;)

TheRefashStash said...

Love the pink pattern! You did a great job!

Unknown said...

Very nicely done! Such a cute dress. I also have a little "helper" who can't keep her paws off my projects.

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Anielskaaniela said...

I love it , very pin up style :-)
I enjoy XXX...L men's shirts refashion as well

Gema said...

Thanks Marisa!!

Gema said...

We wouldn't be without them though, would we Elizabeth? ;) He's always giving me ideas! Haha!

Gema said...

Thank-you Anielska! It's my first, but I have a feeling I'll be doing more... :)