Friday, July 03, 2015

Yoga pants to jumpsuit aka drab to fab

Hello there fellow refashionistas! I am really happy to share quite a discovery in the refashion sphere... I have found a way to transform a drab piece which is one of the most common thing we all hide in our closets and enjoy its comfort - I give you the yoga pants!


As you can see, these became somewhat saggy since I lost some weight, and wearing them required constant pulling up, which completely annulled the whole comfort thing. Between thinking where to add elastic to these, so they could stay up, a sudden revelation hit me - why wouldn't I transform them rather then fix them? Oh, humble yoga pants - I see you future as a jumpsuit! The hottest fashion item this season!

Some seam unpicking, restitching, cutting, a piece of scrap lace and I got myself a heavenly comfortable and fabulous piece for warm summer evenings. Dear ladies, I give you the used-to-be-yoga-pants jumpsuit:


I described the process HERE how I did it, but I wouldn't go as far to call it a tutorial. I hope this inspires you to turn some of your yoga pants in summer-friendly jumpsuits.

Happy refashioning!

4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

You look amazing in the jumpsuit! Awesome job! I'm too short to wear one but you look great!

Temporary Mouse said...

You look wonderful!

Andrea said...

I too have foreseen the future of a certain pair of thrifted pants being made into a jumpsuit (but with shorts) and I'm so impressed with your outcome! Great description of your creative process in your blog post...love to hear how you bypassed hurdles with creative solutions!

Andrea EOD

Unknown said...

Thanks!