Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Button Up Ruffle Down Refashion

Hi! I absolutely love remaking clothes and showing how to style the new creations into modern clothes. I always find button up shirts and am sometimes at a loss for cool things to turn them into. I can across a striped dress with a huge ruffle for the collar and then knew what I wanted to do to this shirt! 

I cut the sleeves off and used them to make a giant ruffle for the collar of this shirt.

I was a little concerned the ruffle might be too large but once it was paired with a cardigan, I was in love! You can check out my step by step process here .

Thanks in advance for any advice/ feedback!

Happy sewing!
Katie

1 comment:

cfort82 said...

Hi and welcome to refashion co-op. Nice refashion. The ruffles look great. Just a reminder to put your user name int the label section when you post.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab