Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Circus Blouse

I picked up this blouse at Buffalo Exchange recently for $4 on the clearance rack.

Circus Blouse Refashion - Before

As disturbing as I find clowns to be, I was strangely drawn to this print with its creepy clowns, juggling ballerinas, unicycling jesters, and prancing ponies.

Circus Blouse Refashion - Before

I chopped off the sleeves and used some bits of lace salvaged from an old bra to cover a couple stains on the yoke.

Circus Blouse Refashion- After

No more stains!

Circus Blouse Refashion- After

I've styled it with a black pencil skirt (refashioned) and wide black belt (thrifted), as well as my Calvin Klein nude and black wedges (DSW clearance).

Circus Blouse Refashion- AfterCircus Blouse Refashion- After

More details and pics can be found at CarissaKnits!

Circus Blouse Refashion - Before & After

5 comments:

Feeling Kinda Thirfty said...

Great refashion! I really love the print, and it looks fabulous on you.

April Rogers-Krick said...

It looks so good and love the way you styled it. I also find clowns disturbing.

Clare said...

I like the lace. That is a nice touch.

jennifer elliott said...

You look fabulous!

Lovenicky said...

The lace really jazzed it up. Awesome!