Monday, April 21, 2014

80's Frock Redo

Hey Refashion Co-op'ers!   I haven't posted in a while, life sure gets busy doesn't it?  As one of the founding members of Refashion Co-op, it is a delight to see how far this blogging community has come.  It has come to a point in my own journey where I have had to step away as one of the Editors of Refashion Co-op, due to work and family commitments, but I hope to still share some of my own refashions when I can.

Here is a fun refashion that I did with super talented Marissa of New Dress a Day.  We both sent each other a frock for a refashion swap across the seas, Marissa in California USA and myself in Melbourne, Australia.

Marissa sent me this blue 80's number complete with big shoulder pads and frills:



And here is what I did with it:


:: after (top) ::
:: after (skirt) ::

I cut the dress in half and put in an elastic waist to the 'skirt', and transformed the top half into a sleeveless top with contrasting pink bias binding using Coletterie's free Sorbetto Top downloadable pattern.


Despite the dress looking quite horrific to start with, its fabric is actually really lovely, and both pieces are a pleasure to wear.

You can see more here, and also have a look at the piece that Marissa completed too.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Carissa said...

It's always great when you can get two pieces from one. Excellent job!

-Carissa
EOD