JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER: When posting a refashion, please remember to only use your USERNAME (i.e. jenniferelliott14, LaLaLauren) in the LABELS area. Please do not add other labels because an editor will add them at the end of the month. If you have any questions, please email the editors at refashioncoop@gmail.com.

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Dress to Cami and Scarf

I've had this dress hanging in my closet for a little while now waiting to be chopped up. I haven't had much time for sewing recently, so I needed a quick fix.

Navy Dress Refashion

I cut off the skirt, about an inch below the bottom of the zipper. I hemmed the raw edges and shortened the straps a bit to pull the front up and cover my bra better. And with that I had a great new cami...

Navy Dress Refashion

...and also a little infinity scarf!

Navy Dress Refashion

Navy Dress Refashion

More details can be found at CarissaKnits!

Navy Dress Refashion - Before & After

4 comments:

Elizabeth Hill said...

Great print!

- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

Andrea said...

I also like this print, and I like it much better as a cami and scarf :) Great job!

Sandy said...

Much better! a good idea of something to look out for!
Sandy in the UK

Jennifer Elliott said...

You're amazing! I love the cami and scarf!